What Is AIM Academy?
AIM Academy was started by Debra Bell in 2011, after teaching AP English online for 10 years. Her initial purpose was to offer classes that were aligned with AP, CLEP, and SAT exams so students were better prepared to succeed on them. Since then our course offerings have expanded, and we now offer a full slate of college prep middle school and high school courses. Many of our students successfully complete AP and CLEP testing by the end of high school. Many have other goals and interests. Our classes are nonsectarian, unless otherwise noted. Classes with explicit Christian content are marked with a cross:
While our main goals are to prepare students for college success and to engender passion for the subject matter, our course content is sensitive to the concerns of conservative and Christian families.
Registration for 2017-2018 opens March 1, 2017.
- Full year (32 weeks) and semester (16 weeks) classes focus on the core content and critical skills measured on the AP, CLEP and SAT exams.
- Mini-courses (7 week) give targeted practice and individualized instruction in critical content and skill areas.
- Our classes fit your homeschool style! Students sign on to the class website at their convenience and download assignments listed for each week.
- Live discussions and lectures are provided several times a month. These are recorded and may be played back at anytime. (Attendance is optional. Listening to the recording is not.)
- Full year classes begin the last week of August. Second semester classes begin the second week of January.
- Mini-course schedule 2017-2018:Spring: April 17th-June 2nd
- Summer I: May 15th – June 30th
- Summer II: July 10th – August 21st
- Fall 2017: August 28 – Oct 13th
- Winter 2018: Jan 8th – Feb 23rd