Tutoring is closed through May.
Empower your writing voice and improve your rhetoric with individual tutoring lessons from experienced teacher Lili Serbicki! Individual tutoring is a great way to receive personal, one-on-one instruction at an affordable price.
One lesson includes: One 30 minute live ZOOM meeting between instructor and student, two detailed written critiques of student work, and any visual handouts or resources provided by the instructor. All live meetings are recorded for the student’s convenience so they may watch it again at their leisure.
Individual Lesson Topics:
- In-Depth Mode of Discourse: Choose Your Essay Type! An in-depth exploration of your chosen essay type, including a lecture, prompts, and two essay critiques. Choose from the following four options – or complete all four of the following in four consecutive lessons!
- Expository and Descriptive
- Narrative Creative Nonfiction Memoir
- Joining the Argument. An in-depth lecture on Aristotelian rhetorical appeals (Ethos, Pathos, Logos), crafting strong rhetoric, and avoiding logical fallacies. This includes a lecture, prompts, and two essay/writing exercise critiques.
- SAT Essay Prep. An in-depth lecture on SAT Essay strategy (writing, analysis, reading, and time management guidance). Detailed visual handouts and TWO detailed essay critiques included in this package.
- SAT MCQ Prep. An in-depth lecture on Reading MCQ and Writing and Language MCQ strategy, time management, and reading comprehension. Detailed visual handouts included. The two critiques for this lesson package include two rounds of feedback on MCQ sections; feedback addresses personal challenge areas and tips for improvement.
- Creative Writing Package. Written critiques of up to two short stories OR five student poems and a detailed lecture on creative writing elements relevant to the student’s work. Detailed visual handouts are also included. This is a great lesson choice for a student who is looking for feedback on their own personal work!
- Have another English tutoring need? Feel free to contact Lili Serbicki at email@example.com with any questions you may have! She would be happy to put together a personalized lesson.