Approaching the AP Literature exam can be intimidating, even for students who have grown up loving literature! I want to give students an affordable AP prep option that even a busy teenager can work into their schedule. This intensive is a perfect compromise between preparing completely independently and taking a full-year structured class. It is self-paced, which means that students may complete the 4 in-depth weeks of class work at any time between March 1 and April 30. This gives them the flexibility AND feedback they need to plan for AP Exam success!
This class will include:
– 3 in-depth audiovisual lectures analyzing each essay category in-depth
– Completing a diagnostic MCQ exam section and working with me to improve individual challenge areas with further quizzes.
– Essay instructions (including prompts and samples) for each essay category: Free Response, Poetry, and Prose. I will provide in-depth feedback on all three individual essays.
– A final, full practice exam I will score and evaluate with students.
– Detailed vocabulary and literary device resources curated by me.
Who should enroll?
10th-12th graders who plan to take the AP Language exam in May of 2019
- High speed, broadband Internet
- Streaming video capabilities to watch recorded lectures
Evaluation and Feedback
I will provide feedback within 1 week. I provide detailed feedback on all essay work and help students evaluate their MCQ work as well.
Applications are not needed for this class. I will communicate with parents within 1-2 business days after their registration is processed. Students will access lectures, handouts, and assignment instructions on my website. Work will be submitted and critiqued via the website. I will check in with students and parents via email after each “week” of the 4-week curriculum is completed.