This informal and fun conversation group will use guided activities to develop French conversation skills. Topics will come from student suggestions, along with teacher-guided structure, online interactive games, and activities. All levels of French are welcome to join in.
Students do not have to be enrolled in Aim Academy French classes. They must have had at least an equivalent of one year of French or be currently enrolled in a French 1 class.
Past topics have included:
- autour de la ville (around town)
- les voyages (traveling)
- les loisirs (leisure activities)
- les musées/ le zoo (visits to museums and zoos)
- la culture francaise (French culture)
- la science, l’art, l’histoire (science, art, history)
Students will have access to our weekly PowerPoint for links used, vocabulary lists, and grammar points made during the class.
Online games/word games, authentic articles, and images that promote communication are used to facilitate our conversation. Students will receive feedback on their pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar skills. No homework will be assigned.
Who should enroll?
Students in grades 7-12 of all levels of French are welcome to join in. They must have at least one year of French or be enrolled in a French 1 course. This class is limited to 10 students.
- High speed, broadband Internet
- Web cam, sound card, and microphone (for live sessions)
- Streaming video capabilities to watch recorded lectures
Evaluation and Feedback
Students will receive feedback on their pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar skills. No homework will be assigned.
Parents and students are welcome to contact the Instructor with questions about the course. During the course, students and parents are always welcome to contact the Instructor by email.