Debate Syllabus coming soon
A minimum of 4 students are needed for the course to run.
- High speed, broadband Internet
- Sound card and microphone (for live sessions)
- Streaming video capabilities to watch video lectures and other videos as assigned
- Scanning Capabilities (phone, iPad, tablet or scanner)
- Microsoft or Google Products Access (MS Word, MS Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, PowerPoint or Google Slides)
Evaluation and Feedback
Student progress will be assessed through assignments that may include but are not limited to debate events, research assignments, periodic topic mastery checks and a cumulative unit test, outside homework, readings and video assignments, and class participation.
- Total points will compute all graded assignments.
- Students should expect to spend about 2-3 hours outside of the live class practicing and reviewing skills taught in the class. Researching topics, supporting material, and analysis of documents will also be a significant part of a student’s homework assignments.
- Students will receive a progress report mid-semester and at the end of a semester. Parent conferences are available upon request.
- All grades will be available in Canvas for students and parents.
- Unless otherwise specified, assignments will be graded within one week of submission.
Parents and Students may contact me through Canvas. I will respond within 48 hours to all communications. Please do not hesitate to contact me or ask questions.
There are no reviews yet.