Math for the 21st Century
Why do we use the University of Chicago’s School Mathematics Project (Chicago Math) at Aim Academy? It’s the best program we’ve found to prepare students for 21st century, college-level mathematics–whether students are heading into the humanities, social sciences, or hard sciences (e.g., engineering and chemistry).
Developed by one of the nation’s highest ranked mathematics department, the program is backed by decades of research and has undergone rigorous field testing and refinement.
Some of the advantages we’ve found in the Chicago Math program include:
- A focus on teaching students to solve real world problems through mathematics.
- Students learning to think logically and defend their reasoning.
- A foundation for algebra is laid in middle school, giving students a leg up before starting a formal algebra course.
- Statistics is incorporated throughout the curriculum (a must have skill missing from older math programs.)
- Use of current technologies incorporated throughout, including graphing calculators and Internet applications.
Aim Academy now offers all of the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project (UCSMP) math courses starting with middle school. Students complete the following courses in the award-winning series:
Additionally, Delta Math is included in the cost of all Aim Academy math classes. This highly rated online math practice solution gives students unlimited practice problems, immediate feedback, and an individualized progression based on their strengths and weaknesses.
After completing this sequence of courses, students will be well-prepared for our AP Calculus A/B course and the math portions of the ACT and SAT college entrance exams.